Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Renewal Course
$200.00 Manual not Included
- See Course Calendar
- Same Day 2 Year American Heart Association Certification pending successful completion of written and MegaCode Testing
The PALS Renewal course is designed to provide pediatric healthcare providers with the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently and effectively manage critically ill infants and children and help improve outcomes.
The PALS Renewal course covers:
- pediatric emergencies
- concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- PALS treatment algorithms
- effective resuscitation
- team dynamics
This is the RENEWAL CLASS no book will be given, please review from your previous book.
PALS training is intended for professionals who must be credentialed as a requirement for doing their jobs, including:
- emergency room, family, and other physicians
- physician assistants
- nurses and nurse practitioners
- intensive care and critical care providers
- other providers required to initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies
Course length is approximately 6 hours for the full course.
Students must hold a Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR card to take the course. If expired, you must complete the BLS for Healthcare Providers course completion challenge testing during the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and written exam, an additional $42. If you do not have an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider card you must take a full course.
Students must pass a written exam and megacode skills test in order to qualify for an PALS Provider Course Completion Card. Course length Approximately 6 hours.
Approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), 5.25 Advanced CE Hours, Activity Number: 11-AMHA-F2-0127