Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Initial Course
$225.00 Includes Manual
- See Course Calendar
- Same Day 2 Year American Heart Association Certification pending successful completion of written and MegaCode Testing
Tuesday December 4th 2018 from 9:30AM - 6:00PM - Note this is an accelerated One-Day Course
More PALS Initial Courses can be found on our Course Calendar
The PALS course is designed to provide pediatric healthcare providers with the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently and effectively manage critically ill infants and children and help improve outcomes.
The PALS course covers:
- pediatric emergencies
- concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- PALS treatment algorithms
- effective resuscitation
- team dynamics
PALS training is intended for professionals who must be credentialed as a requirement for doing their jobs, including:
- emergency room, family, and other physicians
- physician assistants
- nurses and nurse practitioners
- intensive care and critical care providers
- other providers required to initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies
Course length is approximately 14 hours for the full course.
Students must hold a Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR card to take the course. If expired, you must complete the BLS for Healthcare Providers course completion challenge testing during the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and written exam, an additional $42. If you do not have an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider card you must take a full course.
Students must pass a written exam and megacode skills test in order to qualify for an PALS Provider Course Completion Card.
Approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 12.00 Advanced CEHs, activity number 11-AMHA-F2-0119.