Course Enrollment - American Heart Association ACLS 2-Day Initial
Class: American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Class
Dates/Times: Two Day Class - Attendance at Both Classes is Required.
Friday March 15th 2019 6:00PM - 9:00PM &
Saturday March 16th 2019 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Course Fee: $235 (includes manual - Mailed to your home address)
Course Location: Class location is 8 Rohrbach Memorial Way (corner of 1 Taylor Drive and PAL Drive, class on 2nd floor, see google map) in Wayne NJ 07470. Plenty of free Parking Available.
Course Info: The TWO-DAY ACLS program is for students who do not have a current American Heart Association ACLS card, or for those students renewing with current cards who wish to take the full program. Attendance at all sessions is mandatory. This program covers the 12 core cases as outlined by the American Heart Associations which include: Airway Management, Bradycardias, Tachycardias, Cardiac Arrest cases Team Dynamics, Coronary Syndrome, Stroke. There is a 40 question Precourse Self-Assessment Test & 50 question test at the end of the class. Completion of the Precourse Self Assessment Test is required prior to first day of class. This advance preparation will be very valuable as you will learn more and will be more comfortable with the course. Advance Preparation is highly advised to prepare for the skills test and written test. Two Year American Heart Certification
Intended Audience: The course is designed for healthcare providers such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists, and other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency.
Course Length: Approximately 12 Hours
Course Fee: $235.00 Payment (Cash/Check/Credit Card/Debit) the course manual will be mailed to you ahead of time. After you register for the class below, you will be given the option to pay now via credit/debit card or mail in printed registration form with check. (Refund Policy)
Certification: Two (2) Year American Heart Association (AHA) Certification - Same Day AHA Certification - Card Issued at end of Course pending successful completion of written and MegaCode Testing. eCards Issued at end of Course
Continuing Education Accreditation: Approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 12.00 Advanced CEHs, activity number 11-AMHA-F2-0119.
Prerequisite: Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR card. If your BLS card is expired, you must complete the BLS for Healthcare Providers course completion challenge testing during the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and written exam, an additional $42. If you do not have an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider card you must take a full course. After successful completion you will be issued a current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Card.
Mandatory Precourse Preparation includes:
- Complete the precourse checklist that came with your ACLS Provider Manual. Bring the checklist with you to the course.
- Download ACLS Algorithms to Study - PDF Version
- Review and understand the information in your ACLS Provider Manual. (Pay particular attention to the 10 core cases & the algorithms).
- Review and understand the information on the BLS for Healthcare Providers manual. All students will be tested in CPR in the ACLS course. You will not be taught how to do CPR or how to use an AED. You must know this in advance.
- Precourse Self Assessment Test (online) which must be completed prior to class. Pre-Test Available at www.heart.org/eccstudent Click on "Pre-course Assessment" Password to website given on registration.
- Print your scores for the Precourse Self Assessment Test and bring them with you to class, we will collect scores.
You will not be able to attend this course without a completed precourse assessment test.
AHA Affiliated Training Center: NJ20857 AHA ClassID: 96015524 AHA Training Site ID: 23800006
You can call the AHA National Service Center at 1-877-AHA-4CPR and provide them with the information above to verify the class as an approved American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Class.